Footpaths and Public Rights of Way

One of the main aims of the Ramblers Association  is to ensure that all footpaths, bridleways and other Public Rights of Way (PRoW) are maintained to an appropriate standard so that they may be enjoyed by all users.
It is therefore important that any problems such as broken stiles, blocked paths or unauthorised diversions are reported to the relevant highways authority, which in most cases in our region will be Essex County Council.
Problems may easily be reported using this link to their highways website:

Please see Ramblers link below for basic information on public rights of way in England & Wales:
Note order dated July 2017  made for diverting FP22 around Gosfield Park Homes site as below:

Gosfield FP22_Confirmed ORDER 22 (1).pdf Gosfield FP22_Confirmed ORDER 22 (1).pdf
Size : 173.076 Kb
Type : pdf